SNOW DAY 2007

Thursday, August 24, 2006

As if I don't already have enough to do,

I am now on a Jury. YEAH - This is my very first time being picked for a jury. It will be interesting to say the least. I have always wondered what the experience was like, I guess it is time to find out. Since the girls are not in school this week, they are staying with grandma during the days.

I am excited about Friday night. Karen & I are getting together to scrap. We also got together last Saturday night at the Oasis. Yeah - I can't believe that we talked the guys into two weeks in a row. I also have three classes that are coming up at I love Scrapping. The first is a gift bucket/sports bucket class, the second is a BBQ LO, and the third is a Hawaiian themed LO. I also have quite a few classes on the calender for upcoming months.

On less happy news, we all start back to school next week (the girls have their last week of summer school) and I start all of my stuff next week. No kids untilt he 5th though. This is my 12th year teaching and boy did it fly by. It doesn't seem to be going very fast when you are in it, but looking back it is hard to believe that it has been that long. The girls actually start back on the 6th (Ahnika & Kiana) and the 7th (Regan). Regan says that she is a little nervous because of the school change, but I am sure that she will do great. Ahnika is also a little apprehensive because she is changing classrooms. She has been in Rm 1 with Ms. Jayasekera and Ms Hann for the last 4 years, she is moving into Rm. 6 with Mrs. Hahn & Ms. Genet. Fortunaltely she has spent some time with them already (three weeks fduringt he summer). Kiana will stay in romm 1 with her favorite teachers. It is so nice to know that the teachers genuinely care about the girls. I think that that is the hardeest part of sending Regan to a new school. Not knowing the teachers or the staff at the school. Mom is a little nervous too, I suppose. LOL

No comments: